- Recognize the three realms of ACEs and the intersection of cultural competence;
- Understand how trauma-informed care fits into Universal Design for Learning; and
- Develop strategies for writing trauma-informed IEPs, improve educator knowledge about reading research and align school systems to prevent reading failure to improve reading outcomes
Presenter: Melissa Sadin, Ph.D.
Melissa Sadin, Ph.D., is as an education consultant and developmental trauma expert and published author. Her course will cover the different types of childhood trauma and their prevalence and help attendees realize the impact of trauma on a child’s neurobiology and the influence of this atypical neuro-biological development on learning and social/emotional growth. The session will offer techniques to address learning challenges and behavioral issues in a trauma-sensitive way through mindfulness practices, resiliency development and executive function support.
- 5 hours of mandatory continuing education (MCE) for State Board of Psychology licensed school psychologists or psychologists approved by the Ohio School Psychologists Association MCE Program.
- 5 hours of continuing education for ODE licensure.
- 5 hours for continuing education for NASP.
This recording is available until 6/12/2023.
If you need to purchase this session, please click HERE. (must be logged in)
Never been to an OSPA PD offering? Email email@example.com to get your account set up!