Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders in Schools: Assessments & Beyond
COVID-19 Notice: OSPA has every intention of holding this conference in person. We cannot offer a hybrid option. We will be monitoring and adhering to all health orders. We urge attendees to follow health and safety practices, including wearing a mask unless actively eating or drinking. OSPA will provide a limited number of masks for those who need them. With health and safety in mind, lunch service will be an attended buffet in order to minimize contact with the food. In the event that a government health order prohibits in-person events, the conference will be held virtually. OSPA will provide as much notice as is feasible should it become necessary to alter the format.
Update: The city of Columbus has a mask mandate, so the hotel is mandating masks to be worn in all the public space by attendees and staff.
- Nov. 4-5, 2021
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris
- Thursday, Nov. 4
AM: Mastering Special Education Compliance for Students with Autism (Ethics)
PM: Resisting & Persisting in the Face of Deficit Narratives of Black Families Raising Children with Autism
Dr. Liz Drame, Tara Adams, Judy Nardi & Veronica Nolden
Friday, Nov. 5
Assessments & methods for evaluating students with autism
Girls & Women on the Spectrum: Closing the Gender Gap
Ruth Aspy, PhD
- Click Here
- Click Here
- Registration Form:
- Click Here
- Event App (NEW):
- We are excited to offer you a custom app for all things Fall Conference. Please download it before arriving at the conference and read the details HERE.
- COMING IN OCTOBER via the app
- We will offer the book written by our Thursday panelists for a special conference discount. Pre-order your copy through your registration and pick it up at the conference. A limited number of copies will be available for purchase on-site.
The Resistance, Persistence and Resilience of Black Families Raising Children with Autism by Elizabeth R. Drame, Tara Adams, Veronica R. Nolden and Judy M. Nardi
- We will be pre-selling a new T-shirt design for pick up at the conference (see brochure for details). Click Here to see the design. Shirts are $18 and 40% of the profits go to the Future School Psychologists of Ohio Club and the remainder to OSPA’s PR merchandise fund.
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris: Room Rates $146 (single/double) to Oct. 10 or until sold out
Click Here to book online
- Online Registration:
- Click here
- MCE/CEU Credits:
- Continuing education credits will be available each day: 6 hours for Thursday and 5.75 hours for Friday.
- College Credit:
- One graduate credit through Ashland University will be available for those who attend all of the Thursday and Friday sessions of the OSPA Fall Conference on both Nov. 4-5. The cost will be $180. Attendees can make arrangements upon checking in at the registration table on Thursday morning. Details HERE.
Please email Rob Kubick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Vendors interested in an exhibitor table or other sponsorship opportunity during the Thursday and Friday conference sessions may request a form by emailing email@example.com. Vendors are subject to review and will be granted space on a first come, first served basis.