Return to School Resources
Please consult this Google Drive folder of Return to School Guidance. It is regularly updated. CLICK HERE
Evaluations for Students with Disabilities
Thank you all for your inquiries regarding further clarifying how to proceed with special education evaluations during the COVID-19 pandemic. There may be helpful resources available on other state school psychologists association websites, and members working in districts close to neighboring states may wish to check their websites.
Michigan's association has posted recent resources related to the delivery of services to students with disabilities. You may also find these COVID-19 Evaluation Tools that were shared with OSPA helpful. (Adapted from Oakland Schools Guidance: Conducting School-Based Evaluations for Special Education Eligibility during COVID-19 (2020).)
OSPA will continue to post ODE updated information, and these resources are revised and added to regularly. OSPA continues to communicate OSPA member questions and concerns to ODE staff. Please continue to send us your questions, concerns and feedback. We look forward to continuing to partner with and support you through these unprecedented times. We are all in this together!
OSPA does not endorse documents produced by other state associations or individuals as we cannot be sure they all align with Ohio Department of Education Guidance.
Resources from the State of Ohio
Resources from Ohio Department of Education
- ODE Reset and Restart Resources
- Data Reporting for Special Education Students FAQ
- Important new documents, resources and updates from the Ohio Department of Education
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Ohio’s Schools and Districts
Resources for School Psychologists
- ODE - Considerations for Students with Disabilities During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure
- NASP - USDOE Guidance for IDEA Service Delivery FAQ for School Psychologists
- NASP - Virtual Service Delivery in Response to COVID-19 Disruptions
- NASP 2020 Professional Standards
- NASP - School Re-Entry Considerations
- OPA - Telehealth resources for psychologists
- Ohio Board of Psychology - Telepsychology clarifications
- School Re-entry After COVID-19 (Scott Poland)
- NASP Webinars: