Over the years the OSPA Executive Board has established ways to recognize its members for their achievements and contributions to the field of school psychology. Through the awards that are presented OSPA wants to publicly acknowledge the expertise and contributions of some of our colleagues and to thank them for sharing their ideas and ideals.
The purposes of the Awards Committee are:
- to review nominations for the awards that the OSPA Executive Board presents to its members
- to recommend the recipients of those awards
- to consider the creation of new awards
- to recommend procedures for making nominations for NASP awards
The Board presents the Ohio School Psychologist of the Year award at the annual Fall Conference. At the Spring Conference the following awards are presented: The Clyde Bartlett Distinguished Service Award, The Pete Gross Best Practice Award, Ray Horn Honorary Life Membership Award, and the Early Career Award.
Nominations for the School Psychologist of the Year award are made by the regional associations. The committee meets in August, before the August Executive Board meeting, to make the selection. Deadlines for nomination submissions for fall awards is June 30.
Nominations for the spring awards may be made by any one. Those nominations are solicited in the fall and winter; the committee meets in March, before the March Board meeting, to make the selections.Deadlines for nomination submissions for spring awards is January 30.
The role of the committee members involves:
- soliciting nominations within their regions
- reviewing the nominations when they are sent to them
- attending the two committee meetings to consider the nominations
Current Committee Members:
Cindy Thompson (Co-Chair)