The Ohio School Psychologists Association Welcomes You!
Thank you for visiting the online home of the Ohio School Psychologists Association (OSPA)! Contained across these pages, you can learn more about the dedicated practitioners and the profession of school psychology. Practitioners, faculty trainers, and student trainees in our profession provide comprehensive psychoeducational services across mental health, behavior, consultation, and academic domains to children, their families, and myriad educational systems attended. School psychologists are highly trained psychological practitioners, holding advanced graduate level training beyond the master or doctoral level, licensed by the Ohio Department of Education or the State Board of Psychology. Some practitioners may also hold further certification as Nationally Certified School Psychologists (NCSP) by the National School Psychology Certification System and other professional designations consistent with a practitioner’s scope of practice.
Whether you are a student, practicing school psychologist, faculty trainer, or parent of a child attending school, we invite you to learn more about our profession, those who call themselves school psychologists, and the various activities of our Association.
Erich R. Merkle, Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP
President, Ohio School Psychologists Association
- 4/16/15, SWOSPA, Providing the Best Psycho-Educational Supports for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 1/16/15, CASP, Understanding the Unique Needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Youth in Schools
- 12/5/14, KAASP, How to Help Students with Executive Function Weaknesses
- 10/10/14, CASP, Concussion 101 for School Psychologists
- 10/6/14, ELASPA, Ethics For School Psychologists